The aims and objectives of the Border Fancy Canary Club of Victoria Inc. are as follows:
- To promote, encourage and improve the keeping, breeding and exhibiting of canaries, with particular emphasis on the Border Fancy Canary.
- To adopt and maintain the recognised Standard of Perfection and Scale of Points for the Border Fancy Canary.
- To draw up and adopt uniform rules for show classification.
- To promote Exhibitions, Open Shows and Young Stock Shows, judged to the recognised Standard of Perfection for the Border Fancy Canary.
- To protect the interests of Members at all times.
- To purchase and maintain real and personal property for the execution of any, or all of the Objects of the Club.
- To act in conjunction with other Canary Societies in promoting and encouraging the keeping and breeding of canaries in a proper manner.
- To form and maintain a competent Panel of Judges.